Fabric flowers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ever since I got this flower phone charm from a Japanese student, I always wanted to try to duplicate those pretty fabric flowers. I remember seeing a great Japanese hairpin tutorial from Miscellany of me where she makes similar fabric flowers. Thought I would give it a go with my own twist on it.

Here are my first few attempts. The first one was not good at all, but as you can see it does get progressively better...


...and finally I got it! Ta da!!


They are so much fun and quite addictive to make. A little project I can work on during the day where I can put it down and pick it back up while watching and playing with my boys.

4 comments:

muralimanohar said...

Those are CUTE in those colors!!! I love the texture, too! Now *I* have to try them like that. :p

Hannah Shears said...

Really seriously... does your brain ever stop? amazing!

Drea said...

These are adorable!! I want to try. :P

Andronika said...

so so so so cute!

ShareThis