Nighttime sweets: Fudge with flour recipe

Friday, April 10, 2009

Lastnight, after we put the boys to bed, Darcy and I had a little sweet craving. I had exactly the right ingredients to make Fudge. I never use to really care for fudge until I had some of my mother-in-law's. She makes delicious fudge and this is the delicious recipe which is really easy.

Fudge with Flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup canned milk (regular milk works too)

Place all the ingredients above in a non-stick pan or pot. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil no more then 5 minutes and remove from heat.

Immediately add:
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Pour into a 9x9 greased pan. Let cool and then cut into squares.
Delicious with a nice, cup of warm herbal tea.

3 comments:

Moments Photography said...

MMmmMMM!!! Can't wait to try it. I love fudge. Anything chocolate actually...

Oh and thanks for saying that regular milk also works. I usually have to follow the recipe to a tee. ;o)

LocatheCat said...

Hi! I wandered over from One Pretty Thing. This recipe looks delicious. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Anonymous said...

This recipe is exactly the same as the recipe my Mom would make us when we were kids. It came from a local recipe book my Mom was selling for the alumni at the hospital she once worked in as a nurse in the 1970's. I just made a pan and I am waiting for them to cool. A quick sweet treat...I added walnuts to my recipe but the recipe is nice without nuts too! Super easy to make!
Lisa
Newfoundland, Canada

ShareThis