Say click, take a pic

Monday, January 18, 2010

I was at my parent's place in Edmonton this weekend and found this wonderful thing hidden in one of the drawers of an old office desk in their basement. It belonged to my grandfather, 爺爺(ye ye). My dad brought it over from Hong Kong when we immigrated to Canada back in 1981. And it's just been hanging around the basement collecting dust until now.

Voigtlander Vito CLR Case 1

Voigtlander Vito CLR case 2

It's a Voigtlander Vito CLR. It's says on it that it's made in West Germany and I believe around 1960. Vintage camera experts out there, please correct me on that.

Voigtlander Vito CLR 2

Voigtlander Vito CLR 1

I am wondering if this camera still works and quite anxious to get some film and test it out. Do they even develop film anymore at the local grocery and drug stores?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

very cool!! I've got my dad's old pentax ME and tried to take pictures with some of the film he gave me, I think I took a whole roll of film pointing it at the floor while trying to figure out how to advance the film, lol! I'm not sure about the developing part of that though.

Jennifer said...

They still do at Walmart & Costco. That is a beautiful camera! What a terrific find.

Jeanie said...

Momo!
That is amazing!
Take some photos with it, please!

Alli said...

Hmmm... who watches a little Diego?! LOL! Beautiful treasure Momo!! I'm sure there would be something out there in the vast hole of the internet!! Definitely an heirloom for sure!
It's always great checking out your blog!! Hope things have been fantastic! Happy 2010!
Alli

Noreen said...

Do they even make film anymore? I just recently read that some company (Kodak?) has stopped making film. Hope you can find some. I have a similar camera that is a little newer than that one.

Momo said...

I still would love to test this camera out. Too bad they've discontinued film. I really love the grittiness of real film. Have you tried out your camera Noreen?

ShareThis