Achoo!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring break was much needed. We were up in the city for the first half visiting family and friends, lots of shopping for new shoes, clothes, beds for the boys, renovation stuff. I managed to go to the fabric store and treated myself to a few fabrics.

I saw this and I just had to get it. So detailed and pretty. I have no clue what I'm going to with it yet. I'm such a fabric hoarder!

So we came back last Tuesday and since then we've been all really sick. Lots of coughing, runny noses, sore throats, headaches , fevers. Lucius got the worst of it all. He got this red rash all over his face and body. Poor guy. We are all slowly getting better thank goodness, but I would like a refund on the second half of my spring break please.

Yesterday I was cleaning out my sewing/craft room and finally got a chance to put some threads into this box my mother-in-law found in the dump last summer. It's actually a box for fishing stuff embroidery floss and when she asks if I wanted it, I immediately said yes even though it's missing a couple trays.


Cleaned it inside out and it's the perfect thing to hold all my spools of thread and other sewing tools. I can't wait to paint over the anchor part to personalize it. One person's trash is definitely another person's treasure. Thumbs up to reusing!

edit: (thanks to a reader that notified me that this box is actually for Anchor embroidery floss not for fishing supplies. Silly me!)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

very cool box! I'm a big believer in reusing stuff before buying :)

Gail said...

Fishing stuff? Isn't it a case for embroidery floss?

Momo said...

Is that what it is? My mother in law told me it was a fishing box and I believed her. LOL! Thanks for clearing that up.

ShareThis