The Birds

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Well, not quite like the movie where they attacked people, but there were a lot of them outside our house when we woke up Saturday morning.

1, 2, 3, 4....sorry lost count,
and they were all after these little guys

fishflies as they call them here or also as known as Mayflies.
Thank goodness that they only last maybe a couple of weeks!! Those that haven't encountered fishflies before are probably asking, what's so terrible about a small little winged insect?

Because they come in numbers like this! Do I hear a ew? Yup, EWWW!
To get in and out of your house you close your mouth, plug your nose, open the door and quickly make a run for it to your car. Hahaha!

Eat the fishflies little birds...eat them all!!

Lucius, using his utmost disgusted face, informed me that there was bird poop.
Yes, it's end of May and he's wearing his winter jacket. It was almost freezing temperature with the wind off the lake. Just glad we didn't get any of that snow that South of Alberta got.

Taking a breather and to say I'm still here. Been really busy sewing for Thrive!...Naturally, had a piano recital to prepare students for, Lucius with a dead tooth (poor guy), and many other things that's been on my mind lately. When is summer holidays going to be here? I can't wait.

4 comments:

Under the Ribbon 8:-) said...

such an amazing experience to wake up and find that lots of birds are in the garden! (except the fact that they're there to eat fishflies, hope it's not bite)

Lucius story can make me smile :) what a lovely boy!

Drea said...

Wow! Birds: amazing. All those bugs: gross. I don't think I'd be able to leave the house if I saw that. You're brave. :P

Jeanie said...

I love the last picture, it's so amazing!

The worst part about fishflies is the smell!

Rebecca said...

you're title makes me think of the ending segment from Walking With Dinosaurs where they say "the birrdsss!" lol!

ShareThis